Aims and Objectives
Greater Manchester Community Basketball will build upon the existing long-standing partnerships to further develop sport opportunities delivered over previous years. This will create a firm platform for the future.
The following objectives clearly demonstrate the strong philosophy of the Club to provide opportunities for all.
With clear aims and objectives, and by utilising current resources, both financial and voluntary, we will with our partners:
- Provide opportunities for residents of Manchester / Greater Manchester to participate and access basketball at all levels.
- Work closely with partners to increase opportunities within basketball, regardless of age, gender, ability, ethnic background and socio-economic background.
- Put in place structures and create opportunity for people to achieve their potential.
- Raise the quality and quantity of basketball programmes in Manchester in a safe and friendly environment.
- Establish close working relationships and partnerships with England Basketball and Manchester City Council, to further enhance basketball opportunities in the City.
- Support the development of basketball and increase the number of coaches, officials and volunteers in Manchester.
- Improve the talent identification system and retain young people aged over 16 in the sport.
- Support and increase the development of a primary school programme across the City.
- Support the development of Secondary School programme opportunities in the City.
- Increase the number of girls aged over 16 taking part in the sport.
- To provide support to specific target groups, working closely with our partners.
- To inspire people to succeed in the sport.